Car Rental Ireland
Book and Compare Irish Auto Hire Deals Online
If you’re planning a holiday to majestic Ireland and would like to explore the country by car with day trips from big cities or enjoy a longer road trip, grab a discount on car hire in Ireland before you go to save big.
Search our site for specials from top auto rental companies like Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Thrifty and book online to lock in a low rate today.
Checkout deals on small to mid to large vehicles including popular brands like Toyota, VW, Hyundai and more.
The Republic of Ireland has four international airports – Cork in the south, Shannon in the south-west, Knock in the west and, the biggest and most well-known, Dublin in the east.
Most international flights arrive to Dublin airport, located in the nation’s capital.
There are several Ireland car rental agents located in Dublin airport, allowing you to choose the best hire car to suit your needs.
Toss your bags in the “boot” (trunk) and cruise onto the M50 motorway, the portal to wherever you wish to drive in Ireland.
Driving trips in Ireland
Ireland is a small island, and you can traverse the entire length in just one day, so in just a couple of weeks you can drive just about everywhere.
The eastern coast of Ireland includes the County of Wicklow, the “Garden of Ireland”, and is steeped in history.
Many famous battles took place along the shores.
Ancient sights such as Newgrange, a 5000 year old passage tomb that is older than the Pyramids, and the Hill of Tara, former seat of the High Kings of Ireland move you from the east coast into the flat midlands of the country.
The western coast of Ireland is rugged and beaten by the Atlantic Ocean.
The wild and rocky limestone landscape is at its best driving through the Burren, in County Clare.
Sample the Guinness in Galway City and give a ring to your loved one in Claddagh.
Travel along the south coast for a sunnier climate and rolling green hills.
County Cork is a vibrant city that the locals argue is the true capital of Ireland. Decide for yourself!
Driving a rental car in Ireland
- It is best to check up on the rules of the road before picking up your rental car in Ireland.
- Irish cities and towns have a blanket speed limit of 50km per hour and there are speed cameras, so drive with care.
- You must drive on the left side, with the driver sitting on the right of the car.
- You must have a valid driving license. If your license is not in English, then you must carry a valid International Driving Permit issued in your home country.
- Seatbelts are compulsory and babies and young children must be restrained in an approved car seat (you can hire a seat from most Ireland rental car companies).