United Kingdom Car Rental
The United Kingdom is made up of four countries. There are eight international airports in England, with three in Scotland and Wales, and two in Northern Ireland. London city alone has two, not to mention the domestic airports! All international airports have several UK Car Rental agents allowing you to choose the best hire car for your needs.
Where to go with your UK car hire?
Start your car rental trip in London, the south-east of England, a vibrant modern city of over 20 million inhabitants. Sample the famous West End theatre, see Big Ben or get above it all in the London Eye. Explore the seaside town of Brighton. Tere are some magnificent scenic drives in the United Kingdom; that allow you to see the best of the English countryside.
Drive north-west from London, England, and visit the Cadburys chocolate factory in Birmingham or nearby historic village Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare.
Fly directly into Wales and sample some of over 600 ancient castles. Despite being a small country that speaks English, the Welsh language is thriving and is spoken fluently by 20% of the population. Whilst driving your rental car try to find the signpost with the worlds longest place-name: Llanfairpwllgwingyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllandysiliogogogoch.
Arrive in Edinburgh, Scotland, and take your hire car through the rugged Scottish highlands. Visit Loch Ness lake and search for the mythical Loch Ness monster.
The scenery of Northern Ireland is breathtakingly beautiful. Get lost in your rental car driving through gently rolling green hills dotted with sheep. Visit the city of Belfast and the shipyards of Harland & Wolff to see the dock where the Titanic was built.
Driving a rental car in the UK:
- Drive on the left hand side of the road in the United Kingdom.
- There is a blanket speed limit of 30 mph in UK cities, and a maximum of 70 mph on motorways.
- You must have a valid driving license. If your license is not in English, then you must carry a valid International Driving Permit issued in your home country.
- Seatbelts are compulsory and babies and young children must be restrained in an approved car seat (you can hire a seat from most United Kingdom rental car companies).
- At the end of your trip, return your rental car directly to the airport and simply go straight to your check-in desk.